Why Austin, TX loves affordable car insurance
Austin is the capital of Texas best known for its prolific music and culture scene. Quick to discover the next big thing, Austin residents have embraced the affordable car insurance options that Elephant Auto Insurance offers their customers. Get a cheap auto insurance quote online or call one of our licensed agents at 1-855-ELEPHANT.
- 9 out of 10 customers would recommend us to a friend
- Our EarlyBird discount could save Texans 10% for shopping early*
- Nationwide claims service and friendly claims agents available 24/7
We’ve provided some information below that we hope will be helpful in answering some of your questions about car insurance in Austin, TX.
What Austin, TX drivers need to know about Texas car insurance coverage
All drivers in Texas are required to carry car insurance coverage, commonly referred to as 30/60/25 coverage. An average 15-20% of drivers in Texas currently operate their vehicles without car insurance. The best way to protect you and your personal property is by carrying the correct coverage levels. To ensure you stay protected and covered while navigating the streets of Austin, keep the following tips in mind:
- Texas law requires all drivers to carry minimum liability insurance coverage
- Drivers are required to provide proof of insurance at a traffic stop, an accident, and during car inspections
- If in violation of a Texas car insurance law the resulting fine could be between $175-$350 or suspension of the driver’s license
- Review your current insurance coverage or acquire car insurance today by getting a quote online or calling one of our licensed agents at 1-855-ELEPHANT.
Texas car insurance coverage
While it may be tempting to skip on the extra coverage for your car, with car insurance, the more coverage you have, the less it will cost you out of pocket if you get in an accident.
|Remember your policy MUST meet the following minimum limits of liability:|
|Bodily Injury||$30,000 for the death or injury of any one person, any one accident
$60,000 for all persons in any one accident
|Property Damage||$25,000 for any one accident|
- If you want to help your car go the extra …Read More »
- When the limits on your insurance policy aren't enough, umbrella …Read More »
- On the surface, careless driving and reckless driving seem like …Read More »