Affordable car insurance in Houston, TX
Houston is the largest city in Texas and needs an insurance company that can provide car insurance with affordable coverage. Houston drivers know Elephant has the best rates and coverage option to fit their needs. Get a cheap auto insurance quote online or call one of our licensed agents at 1-855-ELEPHANT.
- Our EarlyBird discount could save Texans 10% for shopping early*
- Nationwide claims service and friendly claims agents available 24/7
At Elephant we believe car insurance should be easy, to help answer some of your questions about affordable car insurance in Houston we’ve provided some information below.
What Houston, TX drivers need to know about Texas auto insurance
All Texas drivers are required to carry car insurance coverage, commonly referred to as 30/60/25 coverage. In Texas, an average of 15-20% of drivers currently operate their vehicles without car insurance. The best way to protect you and your personal property is by carrying the correct coverage levels. To ensure you stay protected and covered while driving, keep the following tips in mind:
- In Texas, the law requires every driver to carry minimum liability insurance coverage
- During car inspections, accidents, and at traffic stops, drivers are required to provide proof of insurance
- A Texas auto insurance law violation can result in a fine between $175-$350 or suspension of the driver’s license
- Go online or call one of our licensed agents at 1-855-ELEPHANT to get a car insurance quote or to review your current insurance coverage.
Texas car insurance coverage
While it may be tempting to skip on the extra coverage for your car, with car insurance, the more coverage you have, the less it will cost you out of pocket if you get in an accident.
|Remember your policy MUST meet the following minimum limits of liability:|
|Bodily Injury||$30,000 for the death or injury of any one person, any one accident
$60,000 for all persons in any one accident
|Property Damage||$25,000 for any one accident|
- Nearly 10,500 drivers in Virginia were ticketed for speeding during …Read More »
- Comprehensive auto insurance will help keep you financially protected from …Read More »
- The severe storms that Texas sees brings out the best …Read More »