Save on car insurance in Indiana with Elephant
Switch to Elephant and you could save over $500*
In a state whose nickname is the “Crossroads of America,” you’d expect nothing less than plenty of vehicles on the roadways.
Well, Indianans, you’ve driven up to the right place. We have for you a basic overview of what you need to know regarding Indiana auto insurance requirements, driving laws that are important to be aware of, and how Elephant Auto Insurance will offer you affordable rates, quality coverage, and great customer service that goes wherever your travels take you. We’ll get you and your car on the road faster than an Indianapolis 500 pit crew.
Our mission at Elephant Auto Insurance is simple: more care, less cost. It’s what we strive to give our customers every day.
Testimonials may not reflect a typical customer experience. Products, rates, and discounts may vary by state, coverage or eligibility requirements.
What you need to get an Indiana car insurance quote
We’re confident you’ll realize the Elephant Auto Insurance difference as soon as you get started. But first, you need a quote. Pressed for time? The process takes only about 10 minutes, and you could see the savings almost immediately. To make sure your quote process goes as smoothly as possible, it’ll be helpful for you to have the following at the ready before you get started:
- Driver’s license
- Vehicle information (model, make, year)
- Any previous accidents or moving violations.
- An estimate of your annual vehicle mileage.
See how easy it is to get a quote with Elephant
Discover how to:
- Check over your coverage options
- See your available discounts
- Retrieve a saved quote
- Talk to an agent, or purchase online
Many Indiana car insurance discounts to help lower your rate
At Elephant, we offer Indiana drivers many car insurance discounts to choose from, worth up to 40%* and can help you lower your auto insurance rates. Discounts include:
- Online quote discount, worth up to 15%
- Multi-vehicle discount
- Early bird discount
- Paid-in-full discount
- Paperless account discount
- Responsible driver discount
- Good student discount
- And more!
With Elephant, you can lock in your low rate for a year! Our annual policies last 12 months, guaranteeing your rate and providing peace of mind.**
Bundle homeowners or renters insurance for extra savings
As an Elephant policyholder, we also give you the opportunity to bundle your auto insurance policies with other policies, such as homeowners, renters, or motorcycle insurance. With our multi-product discount, we help make it easier for you to find affordable coverage for your house, apartment, condo, as well as your vehicle.
Elephant Auto Insurance also offers select services that help keep your premiums low. These include accident forgiveness, as well as our highly popular and unique Diminishing Deductible program.
Minimum Indiana auto insurance requirements
As an Indiana driver, you’re required to have a minimum amount of auto insurance coverage for liability purposes:
- $25,000 for each person injured in an accident.
- $50,000 per accident.
- $10,000 for property damage sustained.
In addition to having liability protection, you must have proof that you’re insured. This is something you can easily obtain with an Elephant policy. Your policy provides you with written corroboration that you’ve met all your insurance requirements established by Indiana law.
It’s a good idea to keep a hard copy of your insurance policy in the car, but you should always keep copies of your ID card in each vehicle. You also have the added benefit of printing your ID card and other policy documents through your myElephant account.
Optional Indiana auto insurance coverages
Elephant also offers added coverages to help protect you, your car, and others.
- Comprehensive coverage
- Collision coverage
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage
- Rental reimbursement coverage
- Loan/lease payoff coverage
For more information on additional coverages from Elephant, find out more with our coverages guide.
We make filing a claim simple
Should you be involved in an accident, though, the claim filing process is very straightforward. Just go online or call us at 1-855-ELEPHANT and have the following information at the ready:
- Where and when the incident happened.
- A basic rundown of how the incident occurred.
- The police station that responded.
- The other party’s insurance details (if applicable).
- Your policy number.
Additionally, to make sure your claims experience is as hassle-free as possible, Elephant has created a Repair Assistance Program to help you choose some of the best repair facilities in your area in the event your vehicle needs repairs. And, if you’ve signed up for our Roadside Assistance package, you’ll be able to use that 24/7 if you ever need help with any immediate assistance while you’re out on the road.
Key Indiana driving laws to know about
Every state is different from the next when it comes to laws. And the same applies in the Hoosier State. Here’s a brief overview of what you should know that could impact your coverage if you fail to comply:
- If you’re under 21, you can no longer use ANY type of mobile device while you’re driving.
- If you’re in the passing lane and driving under the speed limit, you MUST move to the other lane. Failure to comply may result in a ticket.
- If new to driving and 21 or under, you can only drive alone or with family members in the first six months of receiving your license.
- If you’re under 18, you can’t be out on the roads unsupervised between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. Sunday night through Friday evening. On Saturday, the ban on unaccompanied nighttime driving for young drivers runs from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. There are exceptions for work, school and religious services.
Have more questions about driving laws in Indiana? Check out the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles, where you can find more specifics around particular driving laws in your area.
Why Indiana drivers should switch to Elephant
- Elephant is on a mission to make car insurance simple, easy to understand, and affordable for customers
- We’ve maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Elephant is different: We serve you directly, avoiding unnecessary expenses to be able to pass more savings on to you. You’ll be able to talk to our fully licensed, award-winning, and friendly team based in the US whenever you call us.
- Easy policy management on any mobile device, online, or on the phone where a helpful agent is always available to assist you, 24/7.
Elephant is a subsidiary of Admiral Group plc, one of the largest auto insurers in the United Kingdom, who proudly serves the insurance needs of over 4 million customers worldwide, and has an Insurer Financial Strength rating of A+ with Fitch Ratings. Elephant customers can rest assured in dealing with a financially stable and secure company.
What really separates Elephant Auto Insurance from the competition is our suite of services that help keep premiums low. And Elephant is one of the fastest growing insurers in the U.S. because we pass our savings onto our customers – see why so many are joining the herd!
|Fee name||Amount||When applied||Important info||Plan exempt from fee|
|Installment Fee||$7||Incurred on a per installment basis for select pay plans.||None.||Paid in Full.|
|Late Fee||$10||Applied 2 days after a payment has not been satisfied.||None.||Paid in Full.|
|Stop Payment Fee||$20||Applied to the account every time scheduled payment is stopped.||None||Paid in Full.|
|Reinstatement Fee||$10||Applied to the account in the event of a reinstatement.||This fee applies only to customer-requested reinstatements.||Paid in Full.|
|NSF Fee||$20||Applied immediately after a payment is attempted and fails.||None.||Paid in Full.|
|Recurring to Non-Recurring Pay Plan Change||$10||Applied during policy amendment for pay plan change.||None.||Paid in Full.|
|Referral to Debt Collection Agency||$20||Incurred when debt is forwarded to Collections.||None.||None.|
|SR-22 Fee||$25||Policy fee applied when submission of SR-22 Form is requested by policyholder.||If you feel that you may be liable to pay this fee, please contact DMV for verification.||None.|