Helping Herd Submission Form
Elephant Insurance is proud to present the Helping Herd initiative. Elephant will donate $300,000 to organizations and programs that have been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic or who are providing COVID-19 relief to their community. The program will launch in June and gifts will be distributed between June and December 2021.
Through the Helping Herd, Elephant’s hope is to reach at least 50 organizations or programs with the funds, with gifts ranging in size from $2,000 to $20,000. Elephant team members will be involved in the selection process, either by nominating deserving groups or participating in the voting process to finalize the recipients.
Applications will be accepted through August 1, 2021.
Recipient Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicant must be a non-profit organization or charitable program and must be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- At least one of the following must be true:
- The organization has been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. This could be because their fund-raising opportunities have had to stop due to lockdown or demand for their services has escalated due to the pandemic.
- The organization provides COVID-relief to their community. This could take various forms to include food banks, vaccine drives, career services, etc.
- Organizations may submit their name to be considered, however Elephant employees will participate in the final selection process.
- Funds may not be used for Elephant employees, individuals, GoFundMe accounts, or for-profit organizations or businesses.
- To be considered to receive funds, organizations must serve communities in the states where Elephant services are offered (GA, IN, IL, MD, OH, TN, TX and VA ) and provide services in at least one of three areas: mental health, physical health and/or community health.