Homeowners insurance with Elephant
Homeowners insurance provides financial relief in the event of damage to your home, property, or personal belongings. Home insurance provides coverage in events like fire, smoke, theft, vandalism, or other damage. Most standard policies also cover personal belongings like furniture, electronics, and other possessions. Finally, home insurance also exists to pay out homeowners if they’re held responsible for any accidents or injuries on their property. Without it, homeowners are often left on the hook for costly out-of-pocket expenses or repairs.
Why do I need homeowners insurance?
Most mortgage lenders require homeowners to have a homeowners insurance policy. In the unfortunate event that your house is damaged by a fire, tornado, hurricane or other natural disaster, homeowners insurance protects your assets and will help rebuild your home.
What can homeowners insurance cover?
- Damaged or destroyed property: Covers the structure of the home or belongings inside from perils such as fire, theft, vandalism, hail, lightning, and windstorm
- Liability exposure: Covers damage you cause to other people or their property (e.g. someone getting injured on your property)
- Loss of use: Reimburses a homeowner for living expenses that exceed normal living costs if they are displaced from their home due to a covered loss
- Medical payments to others: Helps pay medical bills if someone is injured on the property, regardless of who is at fault
- Additional coverages that a customer can purchase to customize their policy include: identity theft protection, personal injury protection (for libel, slander, & invasion of privacy), all risk coverage for special valuables, and additional dwelling coverage
Many homeowners would agree that their home is their most valuable possession and their biggest investment. Homeowners insurance protects your family, your property, and your belongings. There are several types of homeowners insurance policies offered through Elephant that will give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Homeowners insurance policies through Elephant are based on Replacement Cost Coverage. Replacement cost is the amount required to repair or rebuild your home with similar materials. This coverage can pay up to 100% of your home’s coverage limit. In addition, you can purchase different amounts of coverage based on how much it would cost to rebuild your home.
How to purchase homeowners insurance
Homeowners insurance is an important part of protecting your valuable assets. That’s why Elephant has partnered with multiple providers to give you the best quote for your home insurance needs.
To get a quote, first take an inventory of what you own. This will help you decide what level of coverage makes you the most comfortable. Then, get a homeowners insurance quote and choose the policy that best fits your needs.
Bundle for additional savings
You’ll get the most value for your homeowners insurance policy when you bundle your home and auto policy through Elephant, which saves you both money and time. Simplifying the process also results in a consolidated, streamlined billing process. Plus, you can build a plan that best meets your needs—all while optimizing your discounts. Quote today and let us help protect you and your family.