Off-road vehicle or ATV insurance
Coverage for every adventure
What is an off-road vehicle?
An off-road vehicle is any type of vehicle that can drive both on or off a paved or gravel surface. They are also sometimes called powersport vehicles, and can include snowmobiles, dirt bikes, dune buggies, golf carts, 3-wheel, 4-wheel and 6-wheel ATVs. With large tires, flexible suspensions, high ground clearance, and low ground pressure, off-road vehicles can tackle all different types of terrain. With these capabilities, plus off-road insurance, you’ll be ready for any adventure!
What kind of insurance do I need for an off-road vehicle?
You might think that your off-road vehicles are already covered under your homeowner’s insurance policy, but this isn’t the case. Homeowner’s insurance only takes care of accidents and theft that occur on your property, not incidents involving your vehicles. To protect your off-road vehicle, you’ll need off-road insurance.
We offer off-road insurance that can keep up with your active lifestyle. Our coverages include:
- Medical expense
- Personal injury protection
- And much more!
Typical risks of off-road vehicles
Off-road vehicles are meant for adventure, and adventure means risk. Some of the common risks that come with off-road vehicles include:
- Off-road wrecks. If you crash your vehicle, either into another vehicle or a stationary object, collision coverage can help recover the repair costs.
- Collisions you cause. If you cause a crash with another vehicle, even something as simple as a fender-bender, you’ll want to have our liability coverage in your back pocket.
- Theft. If someone steals your snowmobile, comprehensive coverage has got your back. This type of coverage insures your vehicle against theft, vandalism, damage from fire or hail — essentially, anything other than an accident.
- An uninsured driver goes off the rails. If a fellow off-roader damages your vehicle and doesn’t have any insurance, uninsured motorist coverage can help pay for your repairs.
- Injury. Accidents happen. If one happens to you and you’re left injured, our medical payments coverage can save you from surprise medical expenses.
Why is off-road insurance so important?
If the reasons above don’t have you convinced, you should know — depending on where you live, you might be legally required to carry proof of liability insurance for your off-road vehicle.
What’s more, like any high-adrenaline activity, off-roading comes with substantial risk! We don’t want to be fearmongers, but life-altering injuries can and do occur. Even if off-road insurance isn’t required where you live, we’d say it’s much better to be safe than sorry — protect yourself, and your vehicle.
Get a quote for off-road vehicle insurance
Insuring your off-road vehicles with Elephant is easy — we make sure you’re well-informed and confident in your coverage. Get a quote today!