Our Message About COVID-19
How Elephant is supporting everyone in our Herd
We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy during these difficult times. We have been closely following the spread of the novel Coronavirus or COVID-19 over the last few weeks, and we’re committed to everyone that’s a part of our Herd; supporting and protecting our customers, while providing a safe working environment for our staff members.
Providing financial relief to our customers
To continue providing support and financial relief to customers impacted by COVID-19, we’re launching our Stay-at-Home Savings program. Our priority is to provide impactful relief, and we think the best way to achieve this is by reducing rates for our auto insurance customers.
Elephant’s Stay-at-Home Savings program features:
- Reducing auto insurance rates, which customers should see as they renew their policies over the coming months
- Inviting new customers looking for ways to lower their auto costs to benefit from this reduction
- Extending payment leniency for impacted customers; please contact one of our licensed agents if you are experiencing financial difficulties
- Expanded auto insurance coverage for members who use their personal vehicles to deliver food, medicine and other goods for commercial purposes
- Inviting customers who are considering adjusting their coverage levels to talk with an agent to discuss their options
- Upgraded our digital capacities to provide powerful features at a greater convenience
We do not know when the effects of COVID-19 will pass. We recognize that some insurers are offering short-term assistance such as those offered by rebates, but we believe providing a rate reduction now offers longer-lasting support to as many possible.
Supporting our employees to keep you protected
To continue to support and protect our customers, we’ve heavily invested in our infrastructure alongside programs designed to keep Elephant employees safe, with minimal disruptions for everyone. We think it’s important to share the steps we’re taking to make sure our customers continue to receive excellent care:
Elephant’s response to help employees:
- Worked quickly to enable 98% of our staff to work from home
- Covering all employee cost for any COVID-19 related medical treatments
- Additional paid time off for employees with COVID-19 symptoms
- Offering employees additional resources for wellness while socially distancing
Elephant has always focused on providing dependable protection and service affordably and lowering rates during this challenging time is the best way for us to ease the financial pressure many are facing – now and in the months ahead. I’m proud of the way all of us at Elephant have come together to keep each other healthy and safe, while keeping our customers protected and satisfied. At Elephant we like to say we’re all in this together, and that has never been more true than it is today. We’ll get through these tough times by working together and supporting each other. My sincere thanks and gratitude to everyone in our Herd.
– Alberto Schiavon, CEO
We are here to help during this time
We have upgraded our digital capacities on your online account and provided new and useful features:
- Make and reschedule payments
- Add and remove vehicles
- Add drivers
- Access and send ID cards and policy documents
- File and manage a claim